How and When to Boost Post on Social Media
As per Ashley Cummings
Social media has become much more than a way to connect online with friends and family. Actively engaging in social media is one of the primary ways brands find new consumers, connect with their audience in meaningful ways, and drive traffic back to their website.
In fact, 73 percent of marketers report that social media marketing has been either “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for their business , according to a recent study by Buffer.
One of the main reasons social media is such a productive marketing platform is because of how many consumers actively participate on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social platforms, and how much time people spend on social media.
One study even reports that the average social media users spend 3 hours a day on social networks and messaging, and over 90% of Millennials, 77% of Generation X, and 48% of Baby Boomers actively participate in social media.
The question isn’t whether or not you should advertise on social media to drive traffic back to your website (you should). The question is how do new website owners boost a post on social media and how do you ensure you reach the right audience.
This article will provide instructions on how to boost posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn so you can target your ideal customer.
How to Boost a Post on Facebook
Facebook is an excellent place for new website owners to advertise, considering the platform has over 2 billion users.
Here are the steps for boosting a post on Facebook.
1. After you created a Facebook Business Page. Navigate to your page, and then select the “Publishing Tools” and Create your first Post.
2. Go to Facebook Business Suite
3. Select one of the Posts
4. Select the “Boost Post” option on your Facebook post at the bottom right section of your post.
5. Facebook will redirect you to a page where you can choose your audience.
6. At this page, you can choose a goal, change your button label, select your audience, preview your ad, select the duration of your ad, and select a budget.
7. Once you have customized your audience, click on “Boost Post Now” at the bottom of the page. Facebook will submit your ad, review it, and approve it, provided your post doesn’t violate any of Facebook’s rules.
8. Once you submit your post, Facebook will show you a screen where you can select “Go to Ad Center.” The Ad Center is where you can see all your advertising metrics for your Facebook and Instagram accounts.
And that’s it! Once you complete this process, Facebook will deliver your ad to Facebook users that match your defined audience. You can also track the progress of your ad at any time by reviewing your Facebook analytics.